Monday, July 16, 2012

Tool # 8: Things I learned

Students will share ipads during group work.  The devices are great tools for students to share ideas, play math games, or do project activities online. Students can use Ipads to investigate or research about the history of mathematics or even learn about great mathematicians.

Similarly to collecting the calculators.  It is worth to lose at most ten minutes of class time to collect all the I-pads and calculators to make sure they all are in good conditions.  I should put a time limit on how long the students will spend time on I-Pads while doing researches, games, or projects.  I should model and set positive expectations on how I like students will be behaving while they are online or using Ipads.  It is necessary to explain *why* students have to follow the rules or guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment